There are several ways you can troubleshoot the Syrus 4. Some of these steps depend on your proximity of the device, but some can be handled remotely.
System Tool or apx commands can be sent to the Syrus via SMS, however, you must authorize your phone number on the device before you can send an SMS to it.
# Authorize number (305) 809-0638 to send SMS from $ sudo apx-mdm phone_book add 3058090638 # Allow any phone number to send an SMS to the device (not recommended) $ sudo apx-mdm sms_validation false
If you are using the embedded SIM you can log in to your Pegasus account and navigate to the Organization -> SIMs section and send an SMS from there.
Note: you can use
&& to combine multiple SMS messages
# add apn with user and pass options apx-mdm apn myapn.com && apx-mdm user myuser && apx-mdm pass mypass # add a WIFI Network apx-wifi add "myWorkWifi 5G" SuperSecretPass1
Refer to the list of result codes for the responses to SMS messages.
- Write the apx command you want to send
- Send the command
- Wait a couple of seconds and refresh the messages
Another helpful way to troubleshoot your device is to set up a hotspot with the SSID: Syrus4G & password of: syrus1234 which would allow your Syrus device to automatically connect to it.
Afterward, you can navigate to the URL: http://syrus-IMEI.local to see the management tool.
If you are using older versions of Apex you may need to access the IP address directly, for this you can use an application such as Network Analyzer or Network Scanner that displays the IP addresses of any Syrus devices connected to the hotspot. Below are instructions for iPhone and Android.
- Rename your phone to Syrus4G
- Activate the hotspot with the password syrus1234
- If the Syrus is powered up it should connect to the hotspot, and with the application you can navigate to LAN tab, to view the IP Address of the Syrus 4.
If your Syrus does not connect, try powering it off and powering it back ON.
Also, if you are near any existing networks that are marked as "Auto-Join" make sure to turn that Off temporarily while you connect to the Syrus.
- Open the Settings App.
- Select Network & Internet option.
- Select Hotspot & Tethering.
- Click on Wi-Fi hotspot and provide the name Syrus4G, password syrus1234
- Download and install Network Scanner
- Once you open the application if you're connected via the Hotspot, you'll see an IP address range along the top of the app.
- Click on Scan an external network and type in that IP address range, leave the default ports
- Once the scan is complete you'll see a list of the connected clients, use that IP address to enter into your browser to access the device
- Navigate to Commands
- Select the device or devices
- Write the apx command
- Send the command
Updated 6 months ago